Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Assignment

Hey all,
I read through the stories, and really liked "The Express Train to Hell."
Please read it.   This is the story I am going to do boards for.
Express Train to HELL


Jennifer, Cory, Veronica, Joe, Asami:  Please pick your development style for our first week of production.  Each artist has to pick a different category of styles (A-E from the assignment sheet).
 You guys will draw in that style for the first week of the assignment.  Whomever has the most creative/clear/appealing work will create a style guide based off their work.  You guys will work loosely based on that style for the winter.



Oh also, it's super important that you don't work on Thanksgiving.  You need to do research that day on pumpkin pie, turkey, and nogg.
 





10 comments:

  1. My first choice for a style would be D.

    Second: E

    Third: B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a suggestion, particularly considering Group 3's last project, setting it in a modern day train station might be a little limiting from a Vis Dev standpoint. They might be open to Urban Legends outside the ones listed on the website, and it would be cool to discuss story direction together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to discuss the story direction together. I really want to focus on having a clear message with the story. I was writing a few notes about it. I loosely base the story off of the legend, but explore themes of death/fate/losing someone.

    I don't want to stick to the exact timeline of the story, I would prefer to base it around the turn of the century.

    Will post some post-it note boards soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay, awesome. :D Can't wait to see the boards.
      Also, I would like to try working in Style C!

      Delete
  5. Hi group 8! I want to do Kay Nielson
    from category B.
    And Hillary, can you add me to the blog so I can post my drawings here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joe! I sent you an add through your email. It should work.

    Coolio! You get category B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys! It looks like only A and E are left. I would like category A, if that is okay with everyone. If that's not okay, then I am okay with doing category E. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I changed my mind. Category E looks like a lot more fun! If that is okay with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good! :)
    Jen gets C, Asami gets E! :D

    ReplyDelete