Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FX Progress


Here are some FX Tests. I did play with some shapes, but mostly I was just playing around to get the system/technique down first.

1.) There are two tests I did with the Fire Girl. The first test is where I simply emitted fire fromt he model and turned the model visibility off. Not only does the fire emit from the outside, but also the geometry surface that faces inward so that is why you also see some fire within  the girl. I am going to try to see if I can only have it emit outwards. The second test is where I comped fire layers over the girl (I shaded the body, eyes, and put glow on the model itself) to see how it looked. I am pretty sure in the end the Fire Ghost will be done in layers in compositing.

2.) The steam I was mainly trying to get a good system and tried to play with the shapes, but it still looks more on the real side. I will probably get the smoke test and modify it into steam.

3.) The smoke was similar to the steam, but I was able to play with the shaping more.

*To view the videos better, press the "Youtube" buttons in the bottom right corners in each video








4 comments:

  1. Sexy!

    Any chance we can get fire + smoke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!!!
    Could I see what it looks like moving!
    --we will have the train blazing past on a winters day, how will the fire look in the wind? Thanks dude! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! The smoke is looking really good. I think maybe the girl in the last video almost looks better without the heavy glow? Maybe tone it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete